Kobe Bryant doesn’t care about questionable ESPN power ranking of NBA players, calling ESPN a ‘bunch of idiots.’
After an ESPN.com power ranking of the best players in the NBA emerged, Kobe Bryant ranks 40th and while the rest of the population is phased, Kobe Bryant is not, playing it off cool like he always does.
More from Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA rumors: Hawks trade candidate, Sixers miss out, Lakers almost lose Reaves
- Predicting NBA’s Christmas Day Schedule: Lakers, Warriors highlight slate of postseason rematches
- Bronny James collapses at practice, taken to ICU with cardiac arrest
- NBA Rumors: Lakers nearing another savvy minimum signing
- Lakers projected lineup and rotations heading into 2023-24 season
A few hours after the rankings were released, Kobe Bryant sat down with reporters after the Los Angeles Lakers lost 119-86 in a preseason game against the Utah Jazz. He was asked whether the rankings will provide a motivation for him to which he replied with no.
“I’ve known for a long time [that] they’re a bunch of idiots,” Bryant said Thursday according to Baxter Holmes of ESPN.com.
Last year Bryant ranked 25th, also oddly low for the superstar player that has suffered problems with injuries in the past.
“Honestly, all jokes aside,” Bryant said, “it really doesn’t bother me too much. I’m going to do what I do regardless. God willing, I can stay healthy, and if I wind up proving a lot of people wrong in the process, that will just wind up being collateral damage.”
Kobe Bryant is now 36 years old and in his 18th season in the NBA. He’s average 25.5 points per game in his career, which is the tenth best all time in NBA history. He’s also reached seven NBA Finals with the Lakers in his career, winning five of them.
He currently ranks fourth-all-time in free throws and total points scored.
Kobe Bryant only played six games last year after suffering a knee fracture, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t one of the top players in the NBA. Look for him to prove people wrong this year.
More from FanSided
- MLB Trade Grades: Dodgers land Amed Rosario from Guardians
- Colorado gives Pac-12 a possible death knell with move to Big 12
- NFL rumors: Dalvin Cook suitor maintaining very ‘real’ interest
- Braves get dose of bad news on Max Fried as ace nears return
- LA Galaxy vs. Club Leon Leagues Cup match rescheduled for July 26