Jameer Nelson is entering his first season with the Dallas Mavericks but already wants to stay with the Mavericks long-term
More from Dallas Mavericks
- Grant Williams’ attempt to embarrass camper backfires hilariously
- NBA Rumors: Warriors, Lakers among contenders for key free agent
- Mavericks: Mark Cuban calls Kyrie Irving ‘misunderstood’ after new contract
- Why isn’t Matisse Thybulle on the Mavericks?
- The new NBA flopping rules explained
The Dallas Mavericks had quite the offseason. They traded point guard Jose Calderón, center Samuel Dalambert and guards Wayne Ellington, and Shane Larkin, along with two second round picks in the 2014 draft to the
in exchange for center Tyson Chandler and point guard Raymond Felton. They then signed
‘ forward Chandler Parsons to a three-year, $46 million contract offer sheet and acquired him when the Rockets refused to match.
Although Jameer Nelson jut got to Dallas and can become a free agent again in 2015, he sounds like plans on staying in Dallas for some time.
“There won’t be another one after that for awhile,” Nelson said via Eddie Sefko of The Dallas Morning News. “The plan is for there not to be another one for several years with me, Devin [Harris] and Raymond [Felton]. It’s good to be alongside those guys.”
That may because Jameer Nelson is really enjoying his time in Dallas, largely because he’s played for awful Magic teams over the last two seasons after playing for Magic teams contending for a title earlier in his career.
“It’s fun. It’s a challenge, but it’s fun,” Nelson said. “When you have great guys such as Devin and Monta and Dirk who have been through it, it’s great to have those guys wanting me to do good and pushing me to do better. Obviously, we have superstars on this team and my role is to play well alongside those superstars.”
Nelson averaged 12.1 points, 7.0 assists and 3.4 rebounds per game while shooting 39.4% from the field, 34.8% from beyond the arc and 85.7% from the free throw line last season.
More from FanSided
- MLB Trade Grades: Dodgers land Amed Rosario from Guardians
- Colorado gives Pac-12 a possible death knell with move to Big 12
- NFL rumors: Dalvin Cook suitor maintaining very ‘real’ interest
- Braves get dose of bad news on Max Fried as ace nears return
- LA Galaxy vs. Club Leon Leagues Cup match rescheduled for July 26