Winnipeg Jets prospect Carl Klingberg scored a goal on a fluky backhand flip from center ice with the St. John’s Ice Caps of the AHL.
More from NHL
- NHL Rumors: Legendary Patrice Bergeron retires, which 3 players could be next to hang up their skates?
- NHL Rumors: Latest on Hart, Hellebuyck, Gibson trade possibilities
- NHL Rumors: 5 forwards most likely to sign early extensions this summer
- NHL Rumors: Where things stand with Erik Karlsson, Penguins and Hurricanes
- NHL Rumors: Penguins nearly traded for Erik Karlsson at deadline
The Winnipeg Jets and their fans probably won’t have a lot to cheer for this year save for the off-chance the team can get Deflated for McDavid or whatever slogan you choose to use when you root for your team to fail abjectly so that it may draft the
In the meantime, Jets fans will have to content themselves with this video of a current prospect looking to crack the pro lineup. If Carl Klingberg can figure out how to replicate the success of the move seen below, he just might stick in the NHL.
It takes all of ten seconds to appreciate this video simply from the broadcasting perspective. The play-by-play man is just mentioning Klingberg’s goose egg in the goals column to start his time in the AHL and the 23-year-old sends a spinning backhander looping up then downward to roll off the goalie’s pad and into the net.
As a second-round pick in 2009, Klingberg was hoping to make the big team this year, but the Jets — while struggling in the standings — sport a decent crop of forwards that made their roster tough to crack. Klingberg was sent to the AHL, where he was hoping to make an impression.
The one seen above may not be the goal that gets Klingberg back to the pros, but if it can shake loose some confidence for future goals, then perhaps he can look at this flukey play as the karmic impetus for better things ahead.
More from FanSided
- MLB Trade Grades: Dodgers land Amed Rosario from Guardians
- Colorado gives Pac-12 a possible death knell with move to Big 12
- NFL rumors: Dalvin Cook suitor maintaining very ‘real’ interest
- Braves get dose of bad news on Max Fried as ace nears return
- LA Galaxy vs. Club Leon Leagues Cup match rescheduled for July 26