Chicago Blackhawks‘ Patrick Kane records 500th NHL point
More from Chicago Blackhawks
- NHL Rumors: Legendary Patrice Bergeron retires, which 3 players could be next to hang up their skates?
- NHL Rumors: Quick to Rangers, Lucic’s Boston reunion, Wheeler, Duchene bought out
- NHL Draft winners and losers 2023: Blackhawks hit jackpot, Maple Leafs flop
- NHL Mock Draft: Connor Bedard No. 1, but who’s next?
- NHL rumors: Calgary in Flames, Kings, Flyers set for big deals, Hall to Chicago
Kane, 25, picked up the elusive point with an assist on linemate Jonathan Toews’ goal, which opened up the scoring for Chicago in a 2-1 victory over the Atlantic Division franchise.
The 500-point marker is a huge deal for an NHL-er; Kane is reaching it just on the heels of Boston Bruins alternate captain Patrice Bergeron, who achieved the feat earlier in the week. Patrick Kane’s milestone is particularly significant, though, not just because he reached it- but because he reached it so early. Bergeron is just shy of his thirtieth birthday; Kane is still only 25. He achieved the 500-point feat in only seven years in the league, in his 523rd NHL game.
In addition to Toews’ goal, Blackhawks defenseman Brent Seabrook would score the game-winning goal for the franchise in order to pick up their fifth win of the season. The Central Division franchise is now sitting on a 5-2-1 record; the Senators, who had previously been on a hot streak, would be reduced to a 4-2-1 record to start out their season.
While it would have been nice to see Kane hit the milestone with one of his infamous goals (which usually make netminders look like high school standing in the crease), it’s an honor for the forward nonetheless. At this rate, it’s more than possible that Kane could even hit the thousand-point mark in the league, which has only been achieved previously by 79 NHLers. Wayne Gretsky still holds the record for the highest number of points over a career, finishing off with 2,857.
Check out the 500th point goal:
More from FanSided
- MLB Trade Grades: Dodgers land Amed Rosario from Guardians
- Colorado gives Pac-12 a possible death knell with move to Big 12
- NFL rumors: Dalvin Cook suitor maintaining very ‘real’ interest
- Braves get dose of bad news on Max Fried as ace nears return
- LA Galaxy vs. Club Leon Leagues Cup match rescheduled for July 26