New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan is really, really upset about Sheldon Richardson’s Pro Bowl snub and is going off.
More from Los Angeles Rams
- Matthew Stafford is making the Rams pay for their Super Bowl run
- NFL Power Rankings: Who is the best quarterback in each division?
- NFL insider says Rams nearly dealt Matthew Stafford this offseason
- NFL Power Rankings: Which teams will have the best rushing attacks this season?
- NFL Rumors: 49ers quarterback roulette, Mahomes’ fiery hot take, Rams over Seahawks?
The Pro Bowl players were announced and there are always some interesting and curious choices. The reality of the fact is that there are a lot of deserving players but a limited number of spots and some players get left out.
One of those players was New York Jets defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson, and his head coach, Rex Ryan, wasn’t having it.
“If it kept him out of the Pro Bowl because some guy had ‘X’ amount of sacks, and that guy can’t hold his jock as a player, to be honest with you, I think that’s kind of strange to me,” Ryan said, via Dom Cosentino of NJ.com. “I guess you guys will figure out who I’m talking about.”
Cosentino did some investigatin and an unnamed source explained that Ryan was talking about St. Louis Rams’ Aaron Donald.
“Clearly, the guys missed on Sheldon Richardson,” Ryan said. “You’ve got to look at the big picture … I see the tapes. This guy deserves to be in there. There’s no doubt about it.”
Don’t ever change Rex… now who wants him as your head coach after the New York Jets can him in January?
More from FanSided
- NFL rumors: Aaron Rodgers sets Jets up for Super Bowl run with new contract
- MLB Trade Grades: Dodgers land Amed Rosario from Guardians
- Colorado gives Pac-12 a possible death knell with move to Big 12
- NFL rumors: Dalvin Cook suitor maintaining very ‘real’ interest
- Braves get dose of bad news on Max Fried as ace nears return