Rob Gronkowski is somewhat of a party animal, but the fact that he owns a party bus is neither surprising nor a sign of immaturity.
The New England Patriots are slated to play the Baltimore Ravens this weekend in the AFC Divisional Playoffs, and their tight end Rob Gronkowski is going to be a focal point in the game. Not only is Gronkowksi a beast on the field, but he’s a character away from the game as well.
More from New England Patriots
- Patriots backup plan for DeAndre Hopkins is a shot in the dark
- NFL rumors: Patriots screwed themselves with DeAndre Hopkins pursuit
- Bill O’Brien arrival did not end the road for one disliked Patriots coach
- 3 biggest mistakes from the NFL offseason
- NFL Rumors: Dalvin Cook free agency complicated by court filing
SI.com’s Pete Thamel wrote a lengthy piece about Rob Gronkowski for the MMQB, and in it he mentions that the Patriots tight end is rather unsurprisingly the owner of a party bus. But while it’s not surprising that Gronkowski owns a party bus, Thamel writes that it’s actually a sign of maturity for the Gronk.
"Believe it or not, Gronk’s ownership of the bus can be viewed more as a sign of maturity than of debauchery. After years of being an easy subject for iPhone paparazzi, with gawkers buzzing around him at bars and snapping shirtless photos that inevitably found their way online, Gronk has seen the value in hosting the party instead of seeking it…"
It has been a while since we’ve seen Gronkowski turn into The Gronk and party down. He has had infamous run-ins with paparazzi who have captured him break dancing at clubs, pouring drink down and on himself as well as being captured on camera — not film — with pornstars.
Gronkowski is a true personalty and he’s one that clashes with the stoic mantra of the Patriots organization. Even Tom Brady, who is married to an underwear model and lives luxuriously, is a below the radar guy. Gronkowski has reigned it in significantly over the years, as injury and maturity have played a role in that.
He may still be wild behind the scenes, but Gronkowski has settled down publicly as he can see the long term vision for the Patriots. He’s seen teammates get too wild away from the game and fall away from the heights they were once at, which is something we don’t have to worry about with Gronk.
No man with a party bus is going to so anything that to jeopardize that kind of a lifestyle.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle