New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady discussed the Deflate-Gate accusations on Monday morning, following allegations that the team intentionally deflated footballs to grip the ball better.
By now, you have probably heard of the New England Patriots “Deflate-Gate” scandal that surfaced following their 45-7 win in the AFC Championship over the Indianapolis Colts.
More from New England Patriots
- Patriots backup plan for DeAndre Hopkins is a shot in the dark
- NFL rumors: Patriots screwed themselves with DeAndre Hopkins pursuit
- Bill O’Brien arrival did not end the road for one disliked Patriots coach
- 3 biggest mistakes from the NFL offseason
- NFL Rumors: Dalvin Cook free agency complicated by court filing
The Patriots have not publicly acknowledged the allegations that they intentionally let air out of some footballs to increase their grip on the ball in the wet weather, but star quarterback Tom Brady responded to the report during his Monday morning appearance on WEEI.
For Tom Brady, the Deflate-Gate accusations are “ridiculous.”
“I think I’ve heard it all at this point,” Brady said after erupting in laughter. “That’s the last of my worries. I don’t even respond to stuff like this.”
Of course, the NFL isn’t laughing.
The league is looking in to whether the Patriots violated any rules by deflating balls and they could be stripped of draft picks if they are found guilty. If it is proven that they did intentionally try to get away with violating rules, it will just be another black eye on the franchise that was previously found guilty of spying on opponents.
You know what they say, though: if you aren’t cheating, you aren’t trying.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle