Late night host Conan O’Brian hilariously takes on the New England Patriots and their deflate gate scandal.
The New England Patriots are heading into the Super Bowl with a shroud of controversy hanging over them. The NFL is investigating the Patriots for footballs deflated below the limit and it has many thinking the alterations were intentional.
This wouldn’t come as a shock to anyone who has followed the NFL because the New England Patriots and head coach Bill Belichick have been caught cheating before in the “Spy Gate” scandal. While deflating footballs might not be as controversial as taping opponent’s practices, it is still poor sportsmanship and even worse given their track record.
Late night host Conan O’Brien decided to take on the scandal on his Thursday night show. Great timing on his part following a day filled with unsatisfactory answers from Belichick and quarterback Tom Brady.
O’Brian’s premise during the bit is that the Patriots have cheated before and he brings up some hilarious instances of their prior cheating ways.
At one point it shows a bear tackling opposing quarterbacks and I’m not so sure that is far off from the truth when Vince Wilfork is busting through the line.
You can watch the whole segment below:
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle