Eighth graders lose a heartbreaker, are probably scarred for life
Let’s set the scene. It’s the Kansas Mid-East League 8th Grade Basketball League tournament semi-final game. You’re all familiar with it I’m sure. The Riley County Falcons are up 26-25 on the Rock Creek Mustangs. Seconds left.
Then this happens.
More from Miscellaneous
- Caesars and PointsBet Promo Codes: $1,750 Bonus For ANY World Cup or MLB Game!
- Win $200 GUARANTEED From $1 Bet Today With Bet365 MLB Sign-Up Promo!
- Taylor Swift may have saved the Yankees after slump-busting outing for Anthony Rizzo
- Claim a $1,250 Bonus for ANY Bet With Caesars UFC Promo Code!
- Bet $10, Win $250 GUARANTEED Tonight With FanDuel and DraftKings UFC Promo Codes!
That may be the worst way you could possibly lose a basketball game. The ball goes up, it hangs there for a moment, and… never comes down. It’s stuck, just like your hopes and dreams.
Look at those kids. They’re heartbroken. This was their moment of glory, and it has been ripped away from them. This will change their whole life: they’ll go through life believing that anything good that seems like it’s about to happen will immediately followed by the worst possible ending. This will haunt them forever.
It’s not hyperbole to say that this is a tragic ending. I’ve been an eighth grader. For reference on how important this was to them, here’s a list of the most important things in the world for an eighth grade boy:
1. Being the hero at the basketball game
2. Finding out that a girl likes you
3. Being sure that you’re doing exactly what everyone else is doing
Why is one above two? Because one can lead directly to two. So this is the most important thing in their lives, and that’s the way it ended. That’s the stuff of future therapy.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle