Bobby Knight lost his temper a little when some fans got in his line of sight during the SMU-Temple college basketball game.
Bobby Knight turned into that old alumni guy at college basketball games that yells, “DOWN IN FRONT!” Thursday when he was calling the SMU-Temple game and it was pure comedy gold.
As you can hear, the hot-headed commentator lost his mind a little during some pivotal plays in the second half of SMU hosting Temple. He yelled at a fan…while on air…while a play is going on saying, “HEY. SIT DOWN, BOY.” and “EITHER TAKE MY SEAT OR LET ME SIT THERE.”
More from Mens Basketball
- Bronny James collapses at practice, taken to ICU with cardiac arrest
- 3 quick takeaways from Kentucky basketball’s win vs. Germany at GLOBL JAM
- UNC basketball adds fifth transfer of offseason with West Virginia big
- Undrafted Kentucky basketball star makes NBA contract official
- Caesars Iowa Promo Unlocks Massive $1,250 Bonus to Bet on ANYTHING!
Clearly, Knight was frustrated and maybe with good reason considering he’s just doing his job and his job includes the fact that he needs to see the game and especially the big plays so that he can commentate. This could obviously be handled better.
Bobby Knight joined ESPN as a college basketball analyst in 2008 after 45 years of coaching college basketball at Army, Indiana and eventually Texas Tech.
You have have had a right to be mad, but Bobby, buddy, next time you really need to find a mute button. All I know is if I’m that fan I’m giving Bobby my seat if he yells at me like that. Well, maybe I shouldn’t give him any chairs…
What this boils down to is just a case of Bobby being Bobby.
SMU ended up winning the game, by the way, 67-58 to advance to 22-5 on the year.
h/t SB Nation
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle