The Oklahoma City Thunder are trying to trade away Reggie Jackson — whom everyone has apparently grown to hate — and he could be replaced by Norris Cole from Miami.
More from Miami Heat
- Predicting NBA’s Christmas Day Schedule: Lakers, Warriors highlight slate of postseason rematches
- 3 reasons the Blazers should trade Damian Lillard to the Heat and 2 reasons they shouldn’t
- 5 former Heat players to sign on veteran minimum deals, ranked
- NBA Rumors: Damian Lillard’s apology, ex-Heat player’s reflection, Darvin Ham bites a Nugget
- 3 potential James Harden suitors not named the Clippers
The Oklahoma City Thunder need to find a way to rejuvenate their team, which is currently a team that is on the outside of the playoff picture looking in. Trading Reggie Jackson seems to be in the best interest of everyone involved, but that may not be the last trade that the Thunder make before the deadline passes.
According to Adrian Wojnarowski from Yahoo Sports, if the Thunder and Nets make a deal that ships off Reggie Jackson — which is going to happen — then Oklahoma City may
pursue acquiring Norris Cole to replace him.
Currently, the Thunder sit on the outside of the playoffs looking in and that is a call for something to happen that changes their fortune. Just like how a team can ruin their chemistry at the trade deadline, chemistry can be fixed and seasons can be saved.
That’s where the thunder are at the moment and it’s looking like trading Reggie Jackson is a step in the right direction. But when it comes to acquiring Norris Cole, the Thunder are at a disadvantage in that they don’t have a ton of assets to offer — especially if they ship everything away to acquire Brook Lopez.
Miami and Phoenix seem to be nearing a deal that sends Goran Dragic to the Heat, a deal that would involve Norris Cole. That means he wouldn’t be headed Oklahoma City and it seems to kill the idea that the Thunder can replace Jackson so quickly.
That being said, crazier things have happened at the deadline and Norris Cole to the Thunder is something to watch for.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle