The Oklahoma City Thunder want to get rid of Reggie Jackson at almost any cost, but they want a top big man in return for him and the Detroit Pistons happen to have two of them.
The Reggie Jackson drama in Oklahoma City is less titalting than the drama with Goran Dragic and the Phoenix Suns — but it’s drama that exists nonetheless. At the end of the day, the Thunder appear as though they want to move Jackson but they won’t just give him up for free.
More from Detroit Pistons
- NBA rumors: Pistons determined to trade Killian Hayes
- The new NBA flopping rules explained
- NBA rumors: Nets clear cap space, perhaps posturing for Cam Johnson
- NBA Free Agency Live Deal Tracker: Grading every signing made worst to best
- NBA Free Agency 2023: 3 landing spots for Jerami Grant you never thought of
That’s where talk of the Brook Lopez blockbuster trade came into play but it appears that deal is falling apart in the 11th hour before the deadline passes. To correct this, the Thunder have begun looking elsewhere to find a suitor for Jackson who can also give them back a talented big man.
According to Adrian Wojnarowski from Yahoo! Sports,the Detroit Pistons could be the team that lands Reggie Jackson as they have strong interest and are in pursuit of acquiring him.
This makes sense for the Pistons but not so much for the Thunder unless they’re getting back Greg Monroe or Andre Drummond. While they want to move Reggie Jackson, they won’t do it for chump change but Greg Monroe may finally have a place to call home out of all this.
Monroe was embroiled in a contract dispute with the Pistons this summer and it ended with his agreement to a deal that makes him a free agent at the end of the season. That could make him valuable to the Pistons as a trade chip and to the Thunder since he represents their need for a talented young big man.
This is all up in the air and could deb a smokescreen, but it’s still something to consider nonetheless as the trade deadline nears even closer.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle