The often injured Brooklyn Nets center is currently being looked at in a deal that would give the team Oklahoma City Thunder point guard Reggie Jackson.
The Oklahoma City Thunder are a team desperately needing help from a supporting cast beyond Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook.
More from Brooklyn Nets
- NBA Rumors: 5 best trade destinations for Pascal Siakam
- The new NBA flopping rules explained
- NBA rumors: 4 teams not named Heat or Nets engaged on Damian Lillard trade
- Could James Harden take a page out of Kevin Durant’s trade request playbook?
- Damian Lillard trade request: The best offers Nets and Heat can make to land star
The Brooklyn Nets are a team desperately needing to unload Brook Lopez so they have some semblance of a future to build upon.
Well, the Thunder and the Nets are in trade talks today regarding swapping the two players, but in terms of managing their respective salary caps, the players’ salaries don’t match up.
So, according to ESPN’s Brian Windhorst, the Thunder and the Nets are finding a solution.
The team most often thrown around as a possible trade partner has been the Charlotte Hornets. A trade rumor earlier this year involved Hornets shooting guard Lance Stephenson in a similar three team deal that would send him to the Thunder. But the Thunder ended up acquiring Dion “BUCKETS DON’T LIE” Waiters instead.
A major issue with the deal is that Brooklyn wanted to consider extending Jackson’s contract.
However, Jackson is still on his rookie deal, and the deadline for extending him passed on October 31.
Another possibility for a third team would be someone willing to swallow up a major contract from the Thunder (like Kendrick Perkins) in exchange for draft picks. Perkins is on the last year of a deal that would pay him over $9 million
Either way, the talks are heating up. Lopez would provide the Thunder with an inside scoring presence and a second rim protector along with Serge Ibaka. Jackson would give the Nets a young player who could possibly replace Deron Williams.
As we approach the deadline, trade talks like this will continue to heat up.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle