The Denver Nuggets don’t seem to be having anymore fun this season as they’re counting down to the end of the NBA season.
The Denver Nuggets are no longer having fun with their NBA season, and are even counting down until the end of it according to Denver Post reporter Christopher Dempsey.
More from NBA
- Predicting NBA’s Christmas Day Schedule: Lakers, Warriors highlight slate of postseason rematches
- 3 reasons the Blazers should trade Damian Lillard to the Heat and 2 reasons they shouldn’t
- LeBron James, Giannis, Damian Lillard all want that Mbappé money
- Jaylen Brown signs richest contract in NBA history without a left hand
- NBA rumors: Pistons determined to trade Killian Hayes
During a late fourth quarter huddle during their 104-82 loss to the Utah Jazz on Friday, the break of the huddle ended with, “1, 2, 3, six weeks!” The six weeks refers to the fact that there are just six weeks left in the NBA season that ends on April 15 for the Nuggets.
The Denver Nuggets are struggling this year to their worst record since before Carmelo Anthony came to town. They finished 17-63 in the 2002-2003 season and while they do have 20 wins this season, they sit at 13th in the Western Conference standings.
Nuggets players are visibly playing with lackadaisical attitudes and appear to have given up on the year, something head coach Brian shaw is not proud of and wants to change.
“I’m frustrated in myself because I feel that I need to figure out a way to do a better job at trying to get that out of us, get that hustle and those kinds of plays and to play with more of a sense of urgency, play with more tenacity,” Shaw said. “Our guys are frustrated, too. And so the weight of this all starts to come down. Some guys in those situations fight harder. Some guys give in.”
Shaw will have quite the task of getting the players who already have their heads in the Mexico sand, back in the game. The Nuggets are 12.5 games out of the playoffs and won’t be getting in this year, but they at least can leave with their dignity.
The Nuggets fan base has suffered in the last 11 years as the Nuggets went to the playoffs from the 2003-2004 season to the 2012-2013 season, losing in the first round in nine of the 10 seasons. Since George Karl’s departure after the 2012-2013 season, Brian Shaw has taken over and they’ve now (likely) missed the playoffs in both seasons.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle