A Charleston mop boy got caught in the middle of the action
The Northeastern Huskies defeated the Charleston Cougars to grab a share of the Colonial Athletic Association lead, but that wasn’t why we care about this game. Much like the team’s 8-23 record, Charleston’s mop boy was struggling as he inadvertently found himself in the middle of the action.
More from Mens Basketball
- Bronny James collapses at practice, taken to ICU with cardiac arrest
- 3 quick takeaways from Kentucky basketball’s win vs. Germany at GLOBL JAM
- UNC basketball adds fifth transfer of offseason with West Virginia big
- Undrafted Kentucky basketball star makes NBA contract official
- Caesars Iowa Promo Unlocks Massive $1,250 Bonus to Bet on ANYTHING!
After Northeastern’s Devon Begley poked away the basketball, he went down the floor for a fastbreak score.
It wasn’t as simple as that however.
As he was going in for the easy two points, the Charleston mop boy was still on the court.
It was a sixth defender Begley had to deal with.
Begley faced a dilemma, run the mop boy over or try to score around him?
Begley decided to go with the latter and had the footwork to be able to juke the mop boy out of his shoes and get the score.
The poor mop boy had a deer-in-the-headlights look as he was stuck in the middle of the paint. While by mop boy standards he went on the floor at the right time as his team had possession, the mop boy never was not prepared for the turnover.
Luckily for the mop boy, Begley was.
[H/T: SB Nation]
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle