Levi’s stadium in Santa Clara, CA, home of the 49ers, was adversely affected by hosting a San Jose Sharks NHL game last month.
Levi’s Stadium is set to host the Super Bowl next season. It will go by Super Bowl 50, the first to ever officially be named without a roman numeral. Let’s just say if that game were coming up, the grounds crew would be scrambling quite a bit.
After the San Jose Sharks hosted the Los Angeles Kings in one of the NHL’s super cool Stadium Series games, Levi’s Stadium was more or less left desolate because of the inserted ice rink, as this photo from a fan who recently toured the stadium shows.
Of course the rink has already been removed. Still, that’s quite the messy sod. No football, baseball or soccer game could be played under that condition.
This is not the first time the field at the stadium, which just opened last summer, has had issues. In August, after a 49ers exhibition game, the team had to replace the turf, not once, but twice in a week.
Before the end of the month the stadium will have also hosted WrestleMania 31, which will further damage the field.
The good news is that, as seen in the photo directly above, Sharks and Kings fans were rewarded quite a spectacle on February 21.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle