The New York Jets are reportedly prepared to pay star cornerback Darrelle Revis “anything he wants” to bring him back to where his career began.
More from New England Patriots
- Patriots backup plan for DeAndre Hopkins is a shot in the dark
- NFL rumors: Patriots screwed themselves with DeAndre Hopkins pursuit
- Bill O’Brien arrival did not end the road for one disliked Patriots coach
- 3 biggest mistakes from the NFL offseason
- NFL Rumors: Dalvin Cook free agency complicated by court filing
Darrelle Revis is coming off of a Super Bowl winning season with the New England Patriots, and will hit open free agency on March 10th.
There are going to be quite a few teams that are interested in signing him, but things are expected to come down to a bidding war between the Patriots and New York Jets.
According to Adam Schefter, the Jets are willing to pay Revis “anything he wants” to bring him back to New York.
Needless to say, the Patriots are by far the better option for Revis if he wants to get paid and still have success on the field. Returning to the Jets where his career began might be a draw as well. Both of these teams are going to be very aggressive in free agency, and it appears that Revis is their top target.
It will be very intriguing to see what other teams try to jump into the bidding war. The Jets and Patriots aren’t going to be the only two teams interested in signing him. That being said, at this point in time they appear to be the top two front-runners to sign him.
Revis has a hard decision ahead of him, and he is going to anger an entire fan base no matter which team he ends up choosing. New England is expected to be the choice that he makes, but turning down the team that gave him his first NFL chance isn’t going to be easy.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle