The Atlanta Hawks have been celebrating one of their greats in Dominique Wilkins, and this pregame video is a must-see for basketball fans.
Dominique Wilkins is the greatest player the Atlanta Hawks have ever had, and the franchise is currently putting out all the tricks for their legend right now.
Statues are becoming very popular in the NBA, and the Hawks officially put up their own statue of Wilkins in front of their arena today, and the occasion has made tonight kind of a night dedicated to Wilkins.
Right before the pregame introductions, Atlanta played an incredible video for Mr. Wilkins.
These 3D court videos the NBA has started doing more and more are incredible, and it’s nice to see a legend like Wilkins get one of his own.
Not only did the Hawks give him a statue and put together this video for him, but they also brought back their retro jerseys that Wilkins used to dominate in for tonight’s game (WHY DID THEY EVER GET RID OF THEM?!?!).
In case you weren’t aware of why Wilkins is being treated so highly, he is the franchise’s all-time leader in points, games play and a million other things – no – seriously.
I wonder who the next legend will be that gets this type of treatment again.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle