Syracuse received some pretty harsh sanctions from the NCAA on Friday and Jim Boeheim took a good brunt of it
Lately it seems as if a lot of people have been disappointed in the sanctions that have been handed down by the NCAA to certain schools, but that was not the case with what happened to Syracuse and head coach Jim Boeheim on Friday.
After their investigation into Syracuse athletics, the penalties were anything but lenient. Most notably, Boeheim was suspended for nine ACC games, something that sent the entire sporting world into shock. A penalty such as that against a head coach sends a pretty stern message to everyone.
Following the announcement of the sanctions by the NCAA, the Twitter world immediately reacted:
For Jim Boeheim haters, this is like Christmas morning.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle