Belmont will once again be headed off to the NCAA Tournament after they were able to take the Ohio Valley Conference
The NCAA Tournament is just a few weeks away here, and on Saturday night we found out who the first official member of the field will be later this month. In the Ohio Valley Conference Tournament final on Saturday night, it was Belmont that walked away with the stunning win and therefore they have punched their tickets.
As it says there, Belmont is no stranger to the NCAA Tournament and they have been known to give their bigger opponents some issues when they get on the big stage. They don’t come away with the win, but they’ve flirted with it before and now they’ll get the chance to do it once again.
It wasn’t easy to get the win in this one, but they were able to pull it off down the stretch with some pretty clutch shooting in this wild outing.
So congratulations to Belmont on being the first team to officially punch their ticket to March Madness.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle