Ryan Fitzpatrick is on the New York Jets’ radar.
With Brian Hoyer, their original target, signing with the Houston Texans, the New York Jets will continue their search to bring in a new quarterback. Whether that player will be the starter or not is yet to be determined, but that player would provide competition at a position that the Jets have lacked production from over the past four years. Geno Smith was horrible once again 2015, however, he was also a bit enigmatic.
More from Miscellaneous
- Caesars and PointsBet Promo Codes: $1,750 Bonus For ANY World Cup or MLB Game!
- Win $200 GUARANTEED From $1 Bet Today With Bet365 MLB Sign-Up Promo!
- Taylor Swift may have saved the Yankees after slump-busting outing for Anthony Rizzo
- Claim a $1,250 Bonus for ANY Bet With Caesars UFC Promo Code!
- Bet $10, Win $250 GUARANTEED Tonight With FanDuel and DraftKings UFC Promo Codes!
In one game against the Buffalo Bills, Smith threw three first-half interceptions. In another game, this time against the Miami Dolphins, Smith had a perfect passer-rating. That being said, the Jets have seen some good things out of Geno, but they have also seen 34 interceptions over the past two seasons. Regardless, the Jets are looking to bring in another quarterback and one player they will pursue is Ryan Fitzpatick, per the New York Daily News.
After missing out on Hoyer, given that the Jets are going after another quarterback, it’s now clear that the Jets aren’t comfortable with Smith and the franchise feels the need to aggressively go after a quarterback this free agency season. Interestingly enough, that player is Fitzpatrick, a guy who used to play in the AFC East for the Bills. Last year, however, Fitzpatrick played well at times with the Houston Texans. Despite that, an injury late in the season led to Ryan Mallett becoming the quarterback. Given Mallett and how he’s worked with head coach Bill O’Brien over the past few years dating back to their days with the New England Patriots, the writing is on the wall that Fitzpatrick is not Houston’s guy going forward and he is expendable.
Regardless of this, the Jets could very well look to the draft to bring in a quarterback as well. Fitzpatrick has shown at times to be a decent quarterback, but he can’t be relied upon if the Jets are to make the playoffs this season.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle