Virginia Tech’s men’s basketball coach, Buzz Williams leaves team bench mid-game to give pointers to girl shooting free throws for cash
Some coaches do more than just draw up X’s and O’s for their respective teams, they go the extra mile for fans, the university, some rando girl shooting free throws for $500?
More from Miscellaneous
- Caesars and PointsBet Promo Codes: $1,750 Bonus For ANY World Cup or MLB Game!
- Win $200 GUARANTEED From $1 Bet Today With Bet365 MLB Sign-Up Promo!
- Taylor Swift may have saved the Yankees after slump-busting outing for Anthony Rizzo
- Claim a $1,250 Bonus for ANY Bet With Caesars UFC Promo Code!
- Bet $10, Win $250 GUARANTEED Tonight With FanDuel and DraftKings UFC Promo Codes!
In the middle of a heavily contested ACC Tournament game between the Virginia Tech Hokies and Miami Hurricanes, Virginia Tech coach Buzz Williams left his team’s bench to ‘coach’ a girl shooting free throws in a $500 challenge.
A brilliant move by Williams whose team was only down by one point (35-34) with 10 minutes to go. Buzz Williams is one of the great coaching characters on the NCAA sidelines, but you have to wonder if this was the time to be ‘wacky’. Curious if the AD said anything to Williams after his team ended up losing by 10 (59-49) in a game they had to win to continue their season.
“Hey Buzz, why’d you stop there? An old lady needed help with a ketchup packet in section 102.”
Ironically, Williams seemed to put more frenetic energy into coaching the young lady on the charity stripe than telling his team knuckle down on defense. In fact, is Williams kindly encouraging here or chewing her out on her poor form.
Bad coaching? Maybe. Bad business? Hell yes, especially when you consider Williams gets paid 18 million over 7 years with performance bonuses (i.e NCAA tournament appearances) and this girl was just shooting for $500.
[H/T: SB Nation]
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle