The Notre Dame Fighting Irish completed a nice run on Saturday night and it culminated by winning the ACC Tournament
Despite a nice regular season and being seeded pretty highly, there weren’t a lot of folks that gave the Notre Dame Fighting Irish much of a chance to win the 2015 ACC Tournament. Well, they ended up proving those detractors wrong when all was said and done, defeating North Carolina in the final game,
More from March Madness
- Angel Reese thinks First Lady’s plan for hosting NCAA Champion is super lame
- Who won men’s March Madness?
- Watch One Shining Moment 2023 after UConn wins national championship
- CBB world reacts to Jim Nantz’s emotional final March Madness sign-off
- UConn national championship parade day, time, route details
Just one night after they stunned the Duke Blue Devils, Notre Dame went back out onto the ACC Tournament court in Greensboro and complete the ACC Tournament sweep. This is the first ACC Tournament title that the school has won, and it was anything but easy.
Notre Dame actually went into the locker room with the lead at the half, but North Carolina came back out and tore through the Irish, taking the lead in the process. It looked like Notre Dame might have finally hit a wall, but it appears North Carolina were the ones that hit said wall.
The Fighting Irish would end up going on a tremendous 22-2 run, completely obliterating the Tar Heels on both end of the floor en route to the history-making win.
Now we watch on Selection Sunday to see if maybe, just MAYBE, Notre Dame can get a two seed from the committee. More than likely, though, they will come in with a three.
But for now, they can revel in the fact that they’re ACC Tournament champions.
Here is a final look at how the ACC Tournament ended up playing out.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle