One fan had a chance to win $1 million and ended up shooting the worst half-court shot in history
Shooting a half-court shot in front of thousands of screaming fans is a pressure filled moment. To add to the pressure, the person shooting a half-court shot has a chance to win big whether it’s money or a car. There’s also the chance the shooter could miss horribly and forever be tied to the embarrassing moment.
More from Mens Basketball
- Bronny James collapses at practice, taken to ICU with cardiac arrest
- 3 quick takeaways from Kentucky basketball’s win vs. Germany at GLOBL JAM
- UNC basketball adds fifth transfer of offseason with West Virginia big
- Undrafted Kentucky basketball star makes NBA contract official
- Caesars Iowa Promo Unlocks Massive $1,250 Bonus to Bet on ANYTHING!
For one unlucky fan at the ACC Tournament it ended up being the latter of the two possibilities.
47 feet would determine the fate of the brave shot-taker.
Would he make and it become the hero, or would he miss and become the joke of many?
His shot ended up going about 4.7 feet and didn’t end up anywhere close to the 47 feet from the half-court line to the hoop.
It was quite possibly the worst half-court shot in the history of half-court shots. The shot was so bad that fans began booing after the horrible miss.
The moral of the story is that if a fan is going to sign up for the half-court shot, at least come within the vicinity of the hoop or expect a chorus of boos to follow.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle