The normally calm head coach of the Boston Celtics wasn’t too happy with his team’s effort in the first half Friday night.
While Boston Celtics head coach Brad Stevens is typically viewed as mild-mannered, he proved Friday night that he has a fiery side.
More from Boston Celtics
- Predicting NBA’s Christmas Day Schedule: Lakers, Warriors highlight slate of postseason rematches
- Jaylen Brown signs richest contract in NBA history without a left hand
- Boston Celtics projected lineup and rotations heading into 2023-24 season
- David Griffin thanks rival Celtics for leverage in Anthony Davis trade talks
- NBA rumors: Damian Lillard trade becoming more trouble than it’s worth for Celtics
After the Celtics gave up a turnover on an inbounds play just before halftime to fall behind the Orlando Magic, Stevens voiced his displeasure to his team in a profanity-laden halftime speech, according to Brian Robb of Boston.com.
Evan Turner said that it was a different approach from anything he had seen from Stevens before.
"“I never heard Brad really curse, and he cursed us out pretty good. I don’t know who came in our locker room, but he came in and started screaming. I jumped and I heard that and knew we needed to get it under wraps.”"
Turner claimed that Stevens also arranged for there to be no food on the team’s flight to Indiana after the game, but Celtics announcer Sean Grande disproved that rumor.
Whatever Stevens said to the Celtics apparently worked, as they outscored the Magic 55-38 in the second half to secure the victory. Stevens is doing a terrific job in his second year as head coach in Boston, as the rebuilding Celtics sit at 29-36 and are only half a game out of a playoff spot.
Of course, Stevens had the occasional moment of madness back at Butler, via SB Nation.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle