The Dallas Cowboys are trying to bribe fee agent Greg Hardy with some Whataburger as they work out a deal.
The Dallas Cowboys defensive line has been one of the weaker points of the team, though defensive guru Rod Marinelli has gotten a lot out of a unit routinely comprised of spare parts. The Cowboys are reportedly the front-runners to sign former Carolina Panthers defensive lineman Greg Hardy.
According to Bryan Broaddus, the Cowboys are making a big push to get a deal done at their practice facilities today. That includes bribing Hardy with a Texas fast-food favorite, Whataburger.
And Whataburger is ready and willing to help get Hardy to the Cowboys.
If you’ve never had Whataburger, I feel bad for you because it is the best fast food burger out there. Yes, better than In-n-Out. Don’t just take my word for it, Buzzfeed’s got my back.
Nevertheless, it is a pretty low cost way to try and entice a player to sign a deal with your team.
Before you go all crazy in the comments, we know Whataburger isn’t the reason why Hardy is picking the Cowboys. This is obviously occurring as a deal is worked on. It is just a nice touch and an interesting bit of information as the two sides try to hammer out an agreement.
It is the little things in life.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle