The Notre Dame Fighting Irish basketball team ended up fending off Northeastern’s upset bid, winning 69-65.
When you cope with the prospect of loss, one of the steps is bargaining. The Catholic way to bargain is through prayer.
With precious seconds left to ice up the game against Northeastern and advance onward to the second round, a courtside fan reached her prayer heaven-ward in the hopes that her squad could move on in the tournament.
More from March Madness
- Angel Reese thinks First Lady’s plan for hosting NCAA Champion is super lame
- Who won men’s March Madness?
- Watch One Shining Moment 2023 after UConn wins national championship
- CBB world reacts to Jim Nantz’s emotional final March Madness sign-off
- UConn national championship parade day, time, route details
Aw. I was hoping for a Northeastern upset, but I just can’t disappoint that woman. She’s poured her heart out for the game, and no one would be able to live with that sad car ride home.
Fortunately for her and for other Irish fans, Notre Dame ended up winning 69-65, advancing on to the second round where they will face off against the winner of the Butler-Texas game.
Many have Notre Dame pegged as one of the most likely teams to potentially knock out the Kentucky Wildcats in the tournament, but a showing like this puts serious doubt into that proposition.
Considering that the school is in Boston, I imagine that some of the Northeastern players have Irish grandmas, but I’d rather not think about them. Out of sight; out of mind. At least one grandma is happy.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle