The Tennessee Titans own the No. 2 overall pick in the NFL Draft this year, and they could be eying Jameis Winston if he falls there.
The NFL Draft is right around the corner, and the Tennessee Titans are in a great position to control things if the Tampa Bay Buccaneers somehow pass on Jameis Winston at No. 1 overall.
More from NFL Draft
- Green Bay may never get to host a Super Bowl, but was just awarded next-best thing
- Green Bay selected as 2025 NFL Draft location: Best memes and tweets from NFL Twitter
- Nakobe Dean perfectly explains Howie Roseman’s draft affinity for Georgia
- Andy Reid confirms the Chiefs pivoting plans after the draft
- College Football: Replacements for every first-round pick in the 2023 NFL Draft
Pro Football Talk passed along a report tat the Titans have scheduled a private workout with Jameis Winston, which implies that they would be open to taking him at No. 2 overall if he slips there.
Then again, the Titans have Zach Mettenberger, whom head coach Ken Whisenhunt is apparently very high on. This could jus the a play on the market to garner trade interest, as the Titans making it look like they’re interest in Winston if he falls to No. 2 overall could sweeten the offers that come in.
It could be too that the Titans are interested in Winston, as he’s being touted as the best quarterback in the draft class and even if he’s not that best quarterback ever he’s still better than Zach Mettenberger. That’s the bottom line here, as the Titans will have a decision on their hands if Winston falls to them at No. 2 overall.
That’s assuming the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are going to pass on him though, which is not looking like the case at the moment. Still, the NFL Draft is a crazy time of the year, and stranger things have happened.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle