Xavier guard J.P. Macura got more than he bargained for as he took a basketball to the face
The Georgia State basketball team will probably be remembered for head coach Ron Hunter falling off his stool as his son R.J. Hunter hit the game winning shot against Baylor. Yesterday, the Panthers created another moment that looked painful.
More from March Madness
- Angel Reese thinks First Lady’s plan for hosting NCAA Champion is super lame
- Who won men’s March Madness?
- Watch One Shining Moment 2023 after UConn wins national championship
- CBB world reacts to Jim Nantz’s emotional final March Madness sign-off
- UConn national championship parade day, time, route details
As Georgia State forward T.J. Shipes went to save a ball from going out of bounds he leaped in the air and threw the ball with two hands as hard as he could back in bounds to save it.
Unfortunately for Xavier guard J.P. Macura, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time as Shipes attempted to make the save.
The ball traveling with lots of momentum, nailed Macura straight in the face and knocked him backwards as he tried to corral the basketball.
He took it straight to the dome and looked like he just took a punch from a prize fighter.
The good news for Macura is that Xavier would win and advance to the Sweet 16 where they will look to advance further in the tournament.
The bad news for Macura is that his face might be a little sore for a while.
[H/T: Josh Margolis]
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle