The Wichita State Shockers are headed back to the Sweet 16 after they pulled off the upset of Kansas on Sunday in the NCAA Tournament
For the better part of the past few years everyone has wanted to see what would happen if Kansas and Wichita State got on the court with one another. Unfortunately, the Jayhawks of the Big 12 would have none of it.
On Sunday in the NCAA Tournament Round of 32, though, they had no choice but to face the Shockers with a chance to go to the Sweet 16 on the line. The result? Well, maybe you can see now why Kansas has been so weary of playing their in-state comrades, as they’re going home and Wichita State is moving on.
Especially in the second half of this one, Wichita State simply looked like the superior team en route to the upset, if you even want to call it that. They were polished, and it looked as if years of frustration from the Shockers program was coming out on Sunday.
With that, here’s a look at the updated bracket following the Wichita State win:
As you can see above, Wichita State, after beating the No. 2 team in the region, will now take on the No. 3 seed in the region in Notre Dame later this week in the Sweet 16. Who do you think comes out of that one?
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle