Using food as a motivator starts at a very young age, and it’s nice to see that method is still used in professional sports.
More from NBA
- Predicting NBA’s Christmas Day Schedule: Lakers, Warriors highlight slate of postseason rematches
- 3 reasons the Blazers should trade Damian Lillard to the Heat and 2 reasons they shouldn’t
- LeBron James, Giannis, Damian Lillard all want that Mbappé money
- Jaylen Brown signs richest contract in NBA history without a left hand
- NBA rumors: Pistons determined to trade Killian Hayes
Gregg Popovich tore his team apart after losing to the league-worst New York Knicks last week, and they responded to his cry by winning three straight games.
Publicly shaming your team is one way to motivate them, but Popovich also has more…simple ways to get the job done as well. Check out what he said to his San Antonio Spurs during last night’s game against the Dallas Mavericks.
Maybe he should have threatened them that they wouldn’t get dinner if they lost, because that’s what happened.
Monta Ellis’ 38 points on 16-27 shooting was just too much to overcome, and his performance gave the Spurs their first loss since that aforementioned Knicks game.
Popovich has now used fear and food as motivators, and hopefully he has more stuff up his sleeve, because the Spurs are going to need some juice over this next week. Starting tomorrow, the Spurs go on a four-game run where they are home against Oklahoma City, Dallas, Memphis and then travel to Miami.
The Spurs are in good position to make the playoffs, but their seeding is still very much in the air. Right now they are the six-seed, but they are only one-game from the four-seed and have a one-game lead over Dallas for the seven-seed.
Things are about to get really interesting in the West.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle