As the Boston Celtics hosted the Miami Heat on Wednesday night, guard Shabazz Napier gave a few fakes that the entire Celtics team fell for.
When guarding crafty guards it is important to not fall for ball and head fakes if you plan on keeping them out of the lane. Well, none of the five Celtics took this advice as they all got completely faked out by Shabazz Napier’s head turning moves during the Miami Heat‘s Wednesday night game against Boston.
As Celtic’s forward Joe Crowder attempted a close out on Napier at the top of the key, Shabazz gave a shot fake to throw Crowder aside. Then he combined a no look pass fake with a nifty euro-step to get in the lane leaving the Celtics defense confused and himself with an open floater. He sunk the 15-footer for 2 points.
More from Miami Heat
- Predicting NBA’s Christmas Day Schedule: Lakers, Warriors highlight slate of postseason rematches
- 3 reasons the Blazers should trade Damian Lillard to the Heat and 2 reasons they shouldn’t
- 5 former Heat players to sign on veteran minimum deals, ranked
- NBA Rumors: Damian Lillard’s apology, ex-Heat player’s reflection, Darvin Ham bites a Nugget
- 3 potential James Harden suitors not named the Clippers
The best part about this is the look on Crowder’s face as he attempts to recover from falling for that shot fake. Even as Napier is well past him he still thinks he can make a play. But apparently he was too worried Napier was going to do another fake. as he flinched one last time before the ball swishes through the net.
This game is important for both teams, as the Heat are trying to climb their way in the Eastern Conference playoff picture and the Celtics are just trying to find a way into the playoffs. Hopefully for the Celtics, they can have a short memory about that play so they can forge some sort of comeback against the Heat.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle