Wisconsin Badgers star forward Nigel Hayes embarrassingly called a reporter beautiful during a press conference.
He was speaking at a press conference ahead of the game, when he noticed an attractive female reporter. Unfortunately, he chose to vocalize his thoughts about her looks to his teammates, and the microphone picked his voice up.
There is nothing wrong with his statement, but it certainly came across a bit awkward given the setting. His teammates aren’t going to be letting Hayes live that moment down anytime soon.
More from Mens Basketball
- Bronny James collapses at practice, taken to ICU with cardiac arrest
- 3 quick takeaways from Kentucky basketball’s win vs. Germany at GLOBL JAM
- UNC basketball adds fifth transfer of offseason with West Virginia big
- Undrafted Kentucky basketball star makes NBA contract official
- Caesars Iowa Promo Unlocks Massive $1,250 Bonus to Bet on ANYTHING!
Hayes has been a huge part of the Badgers’ success this season, and has averaged 12.6 points, 6.4 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game. He is going to be a very difficult cover for the Tar Heels’ defense, and at 6’7″ has very impressive athleticism and strength. Obviously this is a situation where everyone would love to see what the reporter looks like, but that hasn’t been shared.
It is going to be very interesting to see how the Badgers do against North Carolina. There has been quite a bit of media skepticism about them, and there have been some comments about their lack of schedule strength. Despite all of the critics, the Badgers are very confident and are without question one of the best teams in the country.
All of that being said, this is going down with quite a few of the other embarrassing interviews in sports. Hayes is going to be asked a lot of on the court, and hopefully he doesn’t embarrass himself like he did off-the-court.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle