West Virginia Mountaineers freshman Daxter Miles predicted that they would end Kentucky’s perfect run, but his team took a beating on Thursday night instead.
West Virginia Mountaineers freshman Daxter Miles had a tough day. He had predicted that the Mountaineers would ruin the perfect run of Kentucky, but Kentucky just used that as bulletin board material and stomped on West Virginia. Miles didn’t score in the game.
A humbled Daxter Miles stepped in front of reporters after the game and shared his thoughts.
Fans were giving him crap all over his twitter account and the game was a nightmare, but he still sat in front of reporters to talk to them all about the game. That is not the easiest situation for a young player to be in, but he handled it well.
Miles was bold to make the prediction. He might not want to do it again, but he showed confidence in his squad and believed that they would come away with the victory. I would take that confidence and boldness on my roster. It just didn’t work out for him. Even after he was wrong, he still was able to step up to the plate and admit who was the better team.
Nobody has beat Kentucky this year. They are close to completing the perfect year.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle