Follow along here for live score updates during the Oklahoma City region’s second Sweet 16 game Friday night between Stanford and Notre Dame
More from March Madness
- Angel Reese thinks First Lady’s plan for hosting NCAA Champion is super lame
- Who won men’s March Madness?
- Watch One Shining Moment 2023 after UConn wins national championship
- CBB world reacts to Jim Nantz’s emotional final March Madness sign-off
- UConn national championship parade day, time, route details
Two of the nation’s best women’s programs over the past decade face off in a Sweet 16 matchup Friday night in Oklahoma City. The 4th-seeded Stanford Cardinal look to upset the No. 2 team in the country–and No. 1 seed in the Oklahoma City region–Notre Dame Fighting Irish.
Both teams are coming off double digit wins in the Round of 32, Stanford an 89-77 victory over the 5th-seeded Oklahoma Sooners, Notre Dame a 79-67 victory over the Depaul Blue Demons.
Despite registering the lower score in the preceding game, it is Notre Dame which comes in as the higher scoring team, averaging 81.1. points per game. Of course, it’s also notable that they enter Friday night’s game having lost only two games on the year, one of them to UConn, who suffered their only loss to Friday night’s opponent, the Stanford Cardinal.
While Notre Dame ranks in the top-10 in the country in scoring, Stanford sits 69th in the country, averaging 69.5 a contest over their 35 games.
Both teams give up just under 60 points per game. The difference in their scoring averages allowed is so minimal that it bears no worth to state them.
Updates will be available throughout the game, slated to tip off in Oklahoma City around 10 PM ET. It can be seen on ESPN or WatchESPN.
Follow along for updates here:
Notre Dame Women’s Basketball
Stanford Women’s Basketball
And, Fansided’s coverage of both NCAA Basketball tournaments.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle