Celtics veteran forward Gerald Wallace went right over Hornets forward Marvin Williams to slam home an alley-oop.
The Celtics and Hornets faced off in Charlotte Monday night, which had huge playoff implications as both teams try to grab one of the final playoff spots in the Eastern Conference.
More from NBA
- Predicting NBA’s Christmas Day Schedule: Lakers, Warriors highlight slate of postseason rematches
- 3 reasons the Blazers should trade Damian Lillard to the Heat and 2 reasons they shouldn’t
- LeBron James, Giannis, Damian Lillard all want that Mbappé money
- Jaylen Brown signs richest contract in NBA history without a left hand
- NBA rumors: Pistons determined to trade Killian Hayes
With such big implications, every point matters for both of these teams.
During the middle of the second quarter, Celtics forward Gerald Wallace made a play that reminded many of his younger days as he showed he still has some hops.
Wallace went right over Hornets forward Marvin Williams and caught a beautiful feed from guard Avery Bradley to slam home the alley-oop.
Williams tried putting a hand up to block the lob, but Wallace ripped it away as he picked up the easy two points.
The Boston Celtics have been one of the surprising teams in the Eastern Conference this season.
The team boasts plenty of young talent and they have helped push toward one of the last playoff spots in the east.
However, on Monday night, it was the veteran Wallace making the big plays for the Celtics and setting an example for the younger players on the squad.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle