Jeff Green got a piece of the ball and Derrick Williams dunked it straight into the rim.
When the Memphis Grizzlies acquired Jeff Green, they hoped he would be the piece that puts him over the top to win an NBA Championship.
More from Memphis Grizzlies
- NBA Rumors: Heat lowball Blazers, Lakers spoil Summer League, Brooks gets crazy
- NBA Rumors: 5 best trade destinations for Pascal Siakam
- The new NBA flopping rules explained
- NBA Free Agency Live Deal Tracker: Grading every signing made worst to best
- NBA Power Rankings: Which team is in the best position heading into free agency?
While it remains to be seen if he can help the Grizzlies capture an NBA Championship, the playoffs are drawing near and teams are putting the wheels in motion as they gear up for the grueling stretch run.
Monday night, Green made an impressive defensive play that should have the Grizzlies and their fans excited as they playoffs near and the pace of games slow down.
As Sacramento Kings forward Derrick Williams drove to the hoop, it appeared he had an easy dunk.
However, the trailing Jeff Green was able to get his hand on the ball and it caused Williams to dunk the ball right into the rim.
Even more impressively, Green was able to save the ball from going out of bounds too.
The Grizzlies are known around the league for their defensive style of basketball. If Green can become another defensive stalwart for the team, they will be even tougher than they already are in the playoffs.
Maybe Derrick Williams can jump a little higher next time.
[H/T: Hardwood Paroxysm]
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle