76ers center Nerlens Noel went up for a block, but Wizards center Kevin Seraphin muscled his way over him.
Nerlens Noel has been an absolute monster at swatting shots this season. The 76ers center is averaging 1.9 blocks a game and has emerged as a defensive stalwart in his first year of playing time.
More from NBA
- Predicting NBA’s Christmas Day Schedule: Lakers, Warriors highlight slate of postseason rematches
- 3 reasons the Blazers should trade Damian Lillard to the Heat and 2 reasons they shouldn’t
- LeBron James, Giannis, Damian Lillard all want that Mbappé money
- Jaylen Brown signs richest contract in NBA history without a left hand
- NBA rumors: Pistons determined to trade Killian Hayes
Against the Wizards Wednesday, Noel had another two blocks, but on one play got put on a poster.
As Wizards center Kevin Seraphin worked his way to the rim, Serpahin went up strong with the right hand to slam home the ball.
Noel, never afraid to contest a shot, went up to challenge Seraphin.
Unfortunately for Noel, Seraphin was able to use his weight and muscle advantage to overpower the 76ers center as he dunked right over him.
The dunk was so powerful, the Wizards bench went nuts and center Marcin Gortat rose to his feet to emphatically cheer on his fellow big man.
While Nerlens Noel has been steadily developing into a good center for the 76ers season, it can’t go without saying that he is technically a rookie, and can’t be expected to stop every shot.
Everyone gets posterized at some point during their career, and on Wednesday, Noel was able to check that off the list early in his career.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle