Memphis Grizzlies’ Zach Randolph basically tackled a guy on the Oklahoma City Thunder team.
The Memphis Grizzlies and Oklahoma City Thunder are squaring off in the ever competitive Western Conference on Friday night. The Grizzlies are currently in third place in the conference and fighting for seeding while the Thunder sit in eighth and they’re fighting for their playoff lives.
Unfortunately for the Thunder’s D.J. Augustin, he found himself in the way of Grizzlies big man Zach Randolph.
Augustin kind of stops running down the court to set up the play, and pulled back to establish the half-court offense. Randolph was still trying to get down court to get into position to play a little defense.
What followed was a scene all too familiar for some NFL quarterbacks. Trying to buy your offense time to make a play, all of the sudden sandwiched by a mammoth defensive lineman out of know where. There aren’t tackles to protect your blind side in the NBA though.
To put it into perspective, Augustin is six-foot flat. Randolph is nine inches taller and a whole lot bigger.
And a different angle:
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle