Marc Gasol isn’t known as an elite rim-protector, but he sure looks like Nerlens Noel right here.
The Memphis Grizzlies are in must-win mode as the season comes to an end. Unfortunately, things aren’t going to be easy for them.
More from Memphis Grizzlies
- NBA Rumors: Heat lowball Blazers, Lakers spoil Summer League, Brooks gets crazy
- NBA Rumors: 5 best trade destinations for Pascal Siakam
- The new NBA flopping rules explained
- NBA Free Agency Live Deal Tracker: Grading every signing made worst to best
- NBA Power Rankings: Which team is in the best position heading into free agency?
Memphis is only a half-game out of the 2-seed in the Western Conference playoffs, but they are also only two games out from dropping all the way to the 6-seed. Things are simply that rough in the West, and the room for error is incredibly small.
The Grizzlies have seven games left, counting tonight’s game, and five of them are really tough games: vs Oklahoma City, vs. Washington, vs. New Orleans, at Los Angeles (Clippers) and at Golden State. It would be near impossible to say they will lose all those game, but nothing is out of the realm of possibility. Who knows, maybe some things go wrong and they do lose all five of those games and then become the 7-seed.
But the Grizzlies can’t think negative like that. They want to win-out, and that wouldn’t be crazy either. Tonight’s matchup against the Thunder is really tough, but Memphis led after one half and have looked good all night. Marc Gasol knows how important these final games of the regular season are, and that means that he is going to do everything in his power to make sure his team wins.
Poor ol’ Enes Kanter was just going up for a basic little shot, but Gasol was quick to react and got one of the nastiest blocks of his career.
That block was one of those moments were the timing was just perfect and it really made it seem powerful. It was probably a bit deflating for Kanter and company.
A focused Memphis team is going to be really fun to watch for the rest of the year.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle