The New York Knicks have not considered trading their top draft pick…. at least not yet.
The New York Knicks could hold the top draft selection in the 2015 NBA draft, but until the lottery happens, they won’t have any idea on which players will be available when they select. The team is sitting at the bottom of the standings and should get a very high draft selection. They are expected to have interest in guards Emmanuel Mudiay and D’Angelo Russell in the coming draft, but if they get the opportunity to take Jahlil Okafor or Karl Anthony-Towns, it should be too good of an opportunity to pass up.
More from Miscellaneous
- Caesars and PointsBet Promo Codes: $1,750 Bonus For ANY World Cup or MLB Game!
- Win $200 GUARANTEED From $1 Bet Today With Bet365 MLB Sign-Up Promo!
- Taylor Swift may have saved the Yankees after slump-busting outing for Anthony Rizzo
- Claim a $1,250 Bonus for ANY Bet With Caesars UFC Promo Code!
- Bet $10, Win $250 GUARANTEED Tonight With FanDuel and DraftKings UFC Promo Codes!
With the Knicks expected to have a high draft selection, the rumors of the Knicks looking to trade the pick have started surfacing.
“The interesting thing that I’m sort of hearing about the Knicks is … they’re looking at opportunities to (see) what they could possibly get if they trade their draft pick,” Windhorst said last week on ESPN New York’s Robin Lundberg Show.
Later, he added this: “My feel is that, wherever the pick, wherever the Knicks land, especially since there’s now a bit of a debate at the No. 1 pick … I think the Knicks will make that pick available. Even if it’s the fourth pick. I think they will look to try to cash in on a player, and there may be a star or two that ends up being available this summer.”
The team has not even considered trading the selection according to Sporting News. The team won’t even consider it until they find out where they will select in the draft. The NBA lottery takes place on June 25 in New York. Wouldn’t it fit perfectly for the Knicks to win the lottery and get the first pick in their hometown?
These are the Knicks though. They may not have considered the trade yet, but we all know that the idea of trading a top selection is in the back of their minds. They would look to cash in on the potential of a player to bring in an established star. What player could they bring in to team with Carmelo Anthony?
There are a number of top prospects that should be available for the draft. The Knicks should be able to add a top prospect through the draft, but the idea of a trade could just prove to be too tempting for them in the end.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle