Russell Westbrook makes insane pass in the lane during the Oklahoma City Thunder’s match up against the Memphis Grizzlies on Friday evening.
During the Oklahoma City Thunder’s trip to Memphis to take on the Grizzlies, Russell Westbrook gave the fans another reason why he should be the 2015 NBA MVP.
As the Grizzlies defense was jogging back Westbrook took one hesitation dribble before smoothly throwing the ball behind his back, easily getting into the lane and dropping a dime that if I didn’t no better could have been by Pistol Pete Maravich himself.
This move just affirmed why Russell Westbrook is in the MVP race. His ten triple-doubles this year are just about the craziest thing to happen this year in the NBA. And his 27.1 points per game speaks for itself. But while the star point guard is making his case, the Thunder themselves are in a hunt of their own.
More from NBA
- Predicting NBA’s Christmas Day Schedule: Lakers, Warriors highlight slate of postseason rematches
- 3 reasons the Blazers should trade Damian Lillard to the Heat and 2 reasons they shouldn’t
- LeBron James, Giannis, Damian Lillard all want that Mbappé money
- Jaylen Brown signs richest contract in NBA history without a left hand
- NBA rumors: Pistons determined to trade Killian Hayes
At 42-33, they are just slightly ahead of the New Orleans Pelicans. The next couple of weeks will determine whether or not they can edge their way into the playoffs. But if they do they will probably find themselves playing the Golden State Warriors. Who happen to possess Westbrook’s MVP race competition in Steph Curry.
So be on the lookout for the rest of the season not only for more sweet passes from Westbrook himself, but also the Thunder’s run at a playoff spot so we can see two of the MVP candidates duke it out in a seven game series.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle