The Kentucky Wildcats watched their perfect record fall in the Final Four, and their flame out couldn’t have been more spectacular — or un-Calipari-eqsue.
The Kentucky Wildcats have been bounced from the NCAA Tournament, thanks to the Wisconsin Badgers and their surge out of seemingly nowhere to the top of college basketball. But while Wisconsin was the main reason that Kentucky’s perfect season is over, fans are going to point to an absolutely horrible shot by one of the Harrison twins at the end of the game.
With the game on the line — and 10-seconds left in their season — Aaron Harrison had the ball and threw up one of the worst shots you will ever see. Not only did Harrison miss the shot, but he rushed it and ended up with an airball.
You can’t solely blame Aaron Harrison for losing the game, but this airball really doesn’t help his case.
You have over 5-second left on the clock and you have room to move, and you rush the shot? Say what you will about how John Caliper prepared his players, but in the biggest spot of the season — with the record on the line — Coach Cal’s kids choked in the worst way.
Aaron Harrison isn’t a bad player, he probably has a future as an NBA role player for a while, but this is a play that he won’t soon live down.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle