Reggie Jackson made a game winning layup after a Miami Heat turnover in the closing seconds in a Eastern Conference match up on Saturday evening.
It seemed only fitting that Reggie Jackson would make a game winning lay up after an epic Miami Heat fourth quarter collapse. The Detroit Pistons points guard found himself with the ball after it bounced around from Heat player to Pistons player. He jumped out in transition as he eyed the seconds on the clock tick away and laid in a perfect finger roll that sealed the deal for the Pistons.
That lay up capped off what was a horrible collapse form the Heat. With just 7:00 minutes remaining, Miami was up 93-78. They continued to score just five points for the rest of the game allowing Detroit to come back and win their 30th game of the season.
But how can you blame the Heat? The 2014-15 season in Miami has been just about as awful as it could be. After LeBron returned home to Cleveland. No real bright spots have appeared on the Miami Heat’s roster. Even their star forward Chris Bosh had to declare himself inactive for the rest of the season after a doctor found blood clots on his lungs.
More from Detroit Pistons
- NBA rumors: Pistons determined to trade Killian Hayes
- The new NBA flopping rules explained
- NBA rumors: Nets clear cap space, perhaps posturing for Cam Johnson
- NBA Free Agency Live Deal Tracker: Grading every signing made worst to best
- NBA Free Agency 2023: 3 landing spots for Jerami Grant you never thought of
They did acquire star point guard Goran Dragic before the trade deadline from the Phoenix Suns. But since then, with Bosh’s injury cutting into the Heat’s point production, the Heat have fallen to the eighth seed in the East. Something that no one should be proud of this year.
Like I said, it seemed only fitting that Reggie Jackson ruthlessly stole away this win from the Heat. It’s basically how the rest of their season is going. So how much harm can one more loss really do to the Heat organization?
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle