Seth Rollins winning the WWE Championship at WrestleMania has drawn some good reviews, but Chael Sonnen is not giving one of them
More from WWE
- WWE Money in the Bank 2023 live results and highlights
- WWE Money in the Bank future locations, 2024, 2025 and beyond
- How to watch WWE Money in the Bank 2023: Full streaming guide
- WWE Money in the Bank 2023 start time, match card, live stream, and how to watch
- What time is WWE Money in the Bank 2023?
WWE WrestleMania 31 was pretty well received by all the wrestling fans, and a lot of that had to do with the ending of the show that saw Seth Rollins come out with his Money in the Bank briefcase, cash it in and win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. It was a moment that will be remembered forever, but one man does not seem to be too fond of it and that man is former UFC star Chael Sonnen.
Sonnen recently recorded an episode of his podcast with wrestling legend Kurt Angle, and he had some pretty harsh thoughts to reveal about Rollins taking the belt away from both Roman Reigns and Brock Lesnar, even though he had been defeated by Randy Orton earlier in the afternoon.
"“How do you put the strap on a guy that lost an hour earlier? How do you say he’s the greatest wrestler in the world when I just saw him get beat?”“I was never into Seth [Rollins] to start with. First off you have a girl’s hairdo – trim your hair if you’re a guy. He tried his damnedest to work an angle with Jon Stewart. That’s a tough sell for me. When a guy is so desperate that he’s willing to bring in a comedian to get a push, it’s weird. When a dude sees himself in that light, worthy of having to take on somebody like that at the biggest show of the year – if you don’t see yourself in a higher worth, how can I?”"
Now as far as winning the strap after he had already been beaten cleanly earlier in the night, I’m not sure that Sonnen understands how being a heel with the Money in the Bank briefcase works. Rollins winning after he had already lost made perfect sense when it comes to his heel character. He’s an ultimate opportunist.
Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinions, but Sonnen doesn’t really seem to be seeing Rollins’ character in the right light.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle