These are the only 10 things you need to know from the 2015 NCAA Championship game.
Duke Blue Devils coach Mike Krzyzewski picked up his fifth national title with a 68-63 win over the Wisconsin Badgers on Monday night. It came down to the final stretch where Duke outscored Wisconsin by 14 points. The game was very defense heavy, especially on Duke’s part, holding Wisconsin’s shooting to 7 percent under their season average.
More from Mens Basketball
- Bronny James collapses at practice, taken to ICU with cardiac arrest
- 3 quick takeaways from Kentucky basketball’s win vs. Germany at GLOBL JAM
- UNC basketball adds fifth transfer of offseason with West Virginia big
- Undrafted Kentucky basketball star makes NBA contract official
- Caesars Iowa Promo Unlocks Massive $1,250 Bonus to Bet on ANYTHING!
Frank Kaminsky and Jahlil Okafor, two of the best in the NCAA, didn’t disappoint last night. Kaminsky finished with 21 points, 12 rebounds and 2 assists. Okafor didn’t quite match that, he finished with 10 points, 3 rebounds, and no assists. Although, don’t let the numbers fool you, Okafor came up big in the end of the game where it really mattered the most.
It was Duke’s Tyus Jones who really racked up the points for Duke last night. He finished with 23 points, 5 rebounds, and 1 assist, earning him the Most Outstanding Player title. As always, there were some questionable decisions made by the officials. There was a no call late in the second when Justise Winslow’s foot clearly crosses the baseline. Then with less than two minutes to play, a ball was called out on Wisconsin and placed under review. In the footage, you can clearly see Winslow’s fingertip bend, which should have reversed the call. Instead, the officials let the call stand. We can bicker back and forth about who did what and what should have been called or not been called, but in the end, nothing will change the fact that the Duke Blue Devils are the 2015 NCAA National Champions.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle