Denver Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib is back in hot water after his name was mentioned in an investigation into aggravated assault.
The Denver Broncos are waking up to news they don’t want to deal with but are going to have to straighten out sooner rather than later. On Wednesday morning, a report surfaced that Aqib Talib and his brother are bing investigated for alleged aggravated assault in Texas.
More from Denver Broncos
- NFL Power Rankings: Who is the best quarterback in each division?
- Future fires unmistakable NSFW shot at Russell Wilson in new song
- Russell Wilson gets key update on important weapon
- NFL Rumors: D-Hop’s top offers, Cowboys secret sauce, and Russ catches a break
- NFL Power Rankings: Which teams will have the best rushing attacks this season?
According to according to Rebecca Lopez of WFAA-TV in Dallas, both Aqib Talib and his brother are being investigated for aggravated assault — which isn’t the first time Talib has ended up on the wrong side of a police report.
Talib has been on three NFL rosters and he has found himself in trouble in all three places. His most relaxed phase of off-field crazy was in New England but it’s a period in his life bookended by rough patches that have involved arrests and suspensions from the NFL.
In Tampa Bay, Talib was punished for violently beating a cab driver and the following offseason was arrested for brandishing a firearm in Texas. While he was eventually let off the hook for the gun charge, he had worn out his welcome with the Buccaneers and was traded to the New England Patriots.
He kept a relatively low profile in New England but still didn’t totally stay out of trouble. He left for Denver last season and has once again found himself on the wrong side of a police report. It’s yet to be determined if Talib is guilty of anything and judgement can’t be passed until that time.
But Talib doesn’t have the type of criminal history that is buying him much credit and this is the type of headache the Broncos knew was possible but didn’t know when they’d have to deal with it.
The time is now, and this tension filled 2015 season for the Broncos just got a lot harder to deal with thanks to the team’s high priced headache at cornerback.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle