Orlando Magic guard Elfrid Payton went right over Chicago Bulls forward Taj Gibson to slam home a putback dunk.
With the regular season wrapping up in less than a week, the Chicago Bulls and Orlando Magic met in Orlando Wednesday, which featured the return of Derrick Rose to the lineup.
More from NBA
- Predicting NBA’s Christmas Day Schedule: Lakers, Warriors highlight slate of postseason rematches
- 3 reasons the Blazers should trade Damian Lillard to the Heat and 2 reasons they shouldn’t
- LeBron James, Giannis, Damian Lillard all want that Mbappé money
- Jaylen Brown signs richest contract in NBA history without a left hand
- NBA rumors: Pistons determined to trade Killian Hayes
However, it was another guard that made the big play early on in the game.
As Orlando was driving down the court, guard Elfrid Payton went up for the ball after a missed shot.
Not only did he get up and grab the ball, he went right over Bulls forward Taj Gibson as he slammed the ball down in an impressive fashion.
The ball bounced off the back iron, the backboard and straight into Payton’s hands as perfectly timed the slam.
Even more impressively, he was able to get over the much bigger Gibson who is a fierce rebounder.
When Payton was drafted, he received a lot of high marks for his length and ability to get up and was viewed as one of the many young pieces that will help lead the Magic into the future. Wednesday night against the Bulls, the rookie guard put his dunking ability on display and put a veteran on a poster.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle