Performing for thousands of people will prepare you for a lot of things, but being good at golf isn’t one of those things.
Niall Horan is a member of the extremely popular music group One Direction. Even if you don’t listen to that type of music, One Direction has become so big that literally everyone has heard of them by now. In fact, just a year ago they were named the most popular record artist of the year.
More from Golf
- 3M Open picks 2023: Expert picks, best bets for PGA Tour golf this week
- Brian Harman’s dominating Open win came as a surprise… except to himself
- Ryder Cup 2023: Zach Johnson hints at Brian Harman being on US team
- Brian Harman runs away with Open Championship win: Golf Twitter celebrates
- Open Championship weather: Temperature, more for Royal Liverpool on Sunday
Normally people who successful in their field never tend to branch out, but Horan is a bit more adventurous. The Masters finally tee off tomorrow, and that meant one thing for today: the very fun Masters Par-3 event. While people want to win this, it is more or less just a big spectacle with a lot of star power and people having fun. Because of this, 21-year-old Horan agreed to be the caddy of one Rory McIlroy.
Horan probably thought everything would be a piece of cake going into it, but he had a couple of mishaps. Horan is a big star in his own right, but even he may have been a bit nervous walking with the great McIlroy.
However, Horan did the impossible by having an even bigger blunder than tripping next to McIlroy. The world’s number one golfer allowed the music start to take a shot on the 9th hole, and Horan was able to get the ball within two feet of the cup! Just kidding. Horan was able to make good contact with the ball (which was pretty surprising), but his aim was just waaaaaaay off. Who put that water there anyways?
Horan knew the shot was bad right after he swung as you can hear him say: “Oh s—.” The man took it pretty hard though, because he felt the need to apologize to the entire game of golf.
Stick to music, buddy.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle