Cleveland Cavaliers center Kendrick Perkins got away with one of the worst travels in NBA history.
Watching the NBA nowadays can come with a serious price. If you’re watching to see superstars like LeBron James and Kevin Durant make serious strides into the history books, you may have to deal with the horrid officiating that surrounds them.
More from Cleveland Cavaliers
- Predicting NBA’s Christmas Day Schedule: Lakers, Warriors highlight slate of postseason rematches
- NBA Rumors: 3 teams that should trade for Joel Embiid
- NBA rumors: How Donovan Mitchell could wind up on the trading block
- The new NBA flopping rules explained
- 2023 NBA Free Agency: 5 underrated deals that could shift NBA landscape
Every week during the season, TNT has a segment called “Shaqtin’ A Fool” in which NBA legend Shaquille O’Neal picks some of the most ridiculously awful plays of the week and ranks them.
This week’s edition featured one of the worst travels in the history of basketball. Cleveland Cavaliers‘ big man Kendrick Perkins caught the ball in the post while being bodied a bit, took a step or two and then followed those two steps with seven more. Just watch:
"WATCH: Kendrick Perkins’ 9-step travel highlights this edition of “Shaqtin’ A Fool!” https://t.co/tvDm4hycAP— NBA on TNT (@NBAonTNT) April 10, 2015"
The amount of steps taken before Perkins passed the ball to someone who actually knows what to do with it is just unbelievable.
I’m pretty sure middle school hoops teams would be laughing at just how bad that travel was. It’s hard to tell what the worst part of the whole thing is, though. Is it the fact that Perkins took nine steps and thought it was OK, or is it the fact that the refs didn’t call a nine-step travel?
Let’s just hope NBA officials take notes from this on what not to do.
More from FanSided
- Joe Burrow owes Justin Herbert a thank you note after new contract
- Chiefs gamble at wide receiver could already be biting them back
- Braves-Red Sox start time: Braves rain delay in Boston on July 25
- Yankees: Aaron Boone gives optimistic return date for Aaron Judge
- MLB Rumors: Yankees-Phillies trade showdown, Mariners swoop, India goes to Seattle